Hi, everyone! I found this site through Google, and through just browsing it this evening, have already decided I'm very happy I stumbled upon it.

While I've never technically scened, nor have I ever been trained, I've found myself repeatedly drawn to the bdsm lifestyle over the past few years. It all started when I stumbled on a piece of bdsm erotica a few summers ago. I was amazed not only how turned on I was, but how connected I felt to the main character, a submissive. I wanted to be her. And when she was punished for breaking one of the rules that were set out for her, I winced through each of her lashings, but I understood that...I don't want to quite say it was for her own good, but it was part of the process. Judging by the outrage on the boards after that chapter (and other subsiquent punishment chapters), I was the only person not a member of the bdsm community who got it.

Since then, I've been drawn to the subject like a moth to flame. I started looking for any other bdsm themed literature I could find, asking a Domme I knew never ending questions, holding theoretical conversations with my ex (I never really trusted him enough to scene with him, probably part of why he's an ex), searching for area Doms on Craig's List a million times before chickening out, and finally I've found my way here.

I'm sure I'll be terribly annoying, that at least one person will want to take me over their knee just to shut me up, and that I will embarrass myself at least a thousand times, but here I am, ready to soak up whatever information is sent my way.

I figure this might be a good time to state that a part of me feels like I don't really belong here. Even though this is something I'm interested in, and I know I'm the type of person to research a thing ad nausium before I wade into the waters, seeing as I've never scened, I feel a little like a poser.